Wednesday, August 12, 2009

RE-garding my appointment

Tomorrow is the big day- my first official appointment with the RE. While I don't think it is going to be a typical first fertility doctor appointment (since I haven't been classified as infertile and we don't know if I will have issues getting and staying pregnant now that the fibroid is gone), I do have a bunch of questions.

From what I have read, the hours of a fertility office are critical, because if you are taking a drug that needs monitoring and you ovulate on Sunday, well you are screwed. Also, sometimes they need to monitor you several times a week to look for follicles which means then need long office hours so you can go before or after work.

I also want her take on progesterone to get and sustain pregnancy and how she approaches Clomid. How many times will she give you Clomid before they trying something more serious? Will she make me get another HSG and have my husband tested before giving me the pills? Is she willing to do progesterone draws post ovulation to evaluate my numbers?

Finally, I want to understand better how the relationship works between an RE and your OB. When do you stop seeing the RE and going to OB?

If you have any other suggestions for questions, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment