Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gender Bender


I just came across an article on cnn.com about a new product that claims to determine a baby's gender 10 weeks after conception versus the normal 20 weeks at the doctor's office.


According to the makers of "Intelligender" their special chemical elixir turns a different color for a boy or a girl.


I definitely would want to find out the sex of my baby, but I don't know that I would trust this test. The packaging seems pretty hokey too, not very scientific looking.


Check it out for yourself. Would you use it? I don't think I could because I would get so used to the idea of having either a boy or a girl per the test, that the 20 week appointment would make me entirely too edgy.



3 comments:

  1. id use it if reviews came back as accurate at least 85% of the time, has their been any reviews? Your blog is great, very informative and amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with this product but what I will say is that my sister used it about two weeks before she was going to find out what the baby was and it came out to be a girl. At her appointment it turns out it was a boy(they were so happy). I am currently trying to conceive and even though it wasn't right for her I would still try it. Our family had a great time trying to guess the results of the test and then the results of the ultrasound. It fun to try- but don't put all your eggs in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is pretty telling. That would make me too nervous to use. I think once I got used to the idea of either a boy or girl, it would be hard for me to get rid of that image of my baby.

    ReplyDelete