Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Frustrating Update

After all the testing, including the HSG, my OB had concluded that reason for my miscarriages was this mutant fibroid growing within me. Even though it meant a big surgery, I was looking forward to getting it out and on with my life.

Before my doctor would tell me the game plan, she said she wanted to review my information with a fertility doctor, just to make sure that they were in accord.

My doctor called me a few nights ago and said the fertility doctor said the fibroid wasn't my problem, because the babies would have been too small to be crowded by the fibroid. But I would still need to get it out because a full term baby wouldn't survive.

So I asked her what my problem was then, since I have tested negative for every ailment they have screened for. She said well if the egg implanted in the exact spot of the uterus that has the fibroid it would be my problem. Otherwise there is also bad luck (or something yet to be discovered). She reiterated that normally they don't do all this testing unless you have three miscarriages, and I have only had two. She said there is a reason for that, because it is so common.

Regardless, along with other weird cycle symptoms I had, I was sure it was the fibroid. I got off the phone with the doctor and called my best friend. She made a good point, she said look up how big a normal uterus it is. Google hooked me up with that info-8cm x 4 or 5cm. Well my fibroid is 8cm by 10cm. So twice as big. By the transitive property that I loosely remember from 9th grade geometry, that means, there is a good chance the union (area where fibroid and uterus overlap) might be fairly large and therefore not crazy to think the egg implanted in this area.

So now the fertility doctor wants me to get an MRI to get even another picture of the fibroid (add to 2 different ultrasound visits and an HSG). I am doing that Monday. They are trying to determine if I am a candidate for the Da Vinci surgery (you might know this surgery-assisting robot from the season finale of Grey's Anatomy).

All in all, this is pretty bad news, because now we don't know this is my problem or going to solve any problems.

2 comments:

  1. Don’t think of anything else just contact priest eka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to concieve due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Eka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Eka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::
    1. Fibroid, Asthma, All STD, sinus infection
    2.High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)
    3. Infection, regular body pains (yeast infection),urine tract infection.
    4. Blockage from the fallopian Tube
    5. Cyst from the ovaries
    6. Unpleasant smell from the virginal, virginal itching
    7. Irregular menstruation
    8. Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)
    9. Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
    10. Infertility for easy Conception.......
    11. Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
    Simply contact the spiritualist DrEka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am henry from vegas, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of fibroid and painful menstruation, his name is Dr osaze. My wife was diagnose of fibroid two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr Osaze's recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb.within a month and a week, the herbs shrink the fibroid, You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at drosaze39@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete