Monday, February 22, 2010

Today's 5

I have some random thoughts, so let's discuss in no particular order.

  1. Did you see Keeping up with Kardashians last night when Kourtney delivered her baby? She was the chillest laborer I have ever seen and literally pulled the baby out herself. Whatever they gave her, I want.
  2. I am sick and tired of people's superstitions about buying things for a baby before it is born. People such as this, who shall remain nameless, can be hurtful. After going through so much to stay pregnant, a little faith in the baby would be nice from people who supposedly care. Newsflash, I didn't buy a damn thing, not even a copy of What to Expect when You're Expecting with the first two doomed pregnancies and look at how well that turned out.
  3. I have discovered the pregnant person's two week wait (TWW): not feeling the baby move for a long amount of time. It is like this crazy, anxiety-producing event.
  4. Babies are expensive. While you are TTC, consider starting to stash money away for the start up costs you will need to get the nursery ready. And maybe start secretly stocking up on small things you can hide from your husband so he doesn't freak over credit card bills. I never really understood those moms that would hide shopping bags in their trunk and sneak them in under the cover of night, but I am starting to get it.
  5. Anyone totally excited for the Bachelor Tells All Tonight? I know you probably think my greatest love is the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. But truly, my passion is reserved for the Bachelor. In fact, I am having a bachelor party next Monday for the finale.

Those are my five random thoughts of the day. Feel free to share yours.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, but Kourtney Kardashian is the most laid back person in general, I think..which is a little scary for motherhood, right?
    I have enjoyed reading your blog...I experienced an ectopic pregnancy in December, and am now trying to conceive again, its really scary and exciting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete