Monday, July 27, 2009

Surgery Makes the Private Public

Now that the whole world knows about the surgery, people feel really comfortable asking when are we are allowed to try again. Originally the doctor said 3-6 months depending on surgery, but she revised her opinion a couple weeks ago and then again in the hospital.

While alone in the prep room my doctor asked what could she share with my waiting family, more than just "you are fine". I told her, tell them anything except for how long until we can try. She agreed.

The first morning my doc stopped by, my mom blatantly asked her when I could start boinking my husband. Having been prepped, my doctor said, "it is hard to tell at this point, it is really determined on a case by case basis, so we can't tell yet".

At 4am the day of my release, my doctor came in because she had delivered a baby. I said, "Did I tell you my mom would ask?" and she laughed. She said, since they didn't have to open my uterus it might be sooner, but the fertility doctor who would do rounds the next day would tell me.

When she came in I asked my mom to leave and she looked stunned and didn't budge. The first thing out of this doctor's mouth was my conception timing. I was so irritated. I felt like this is so private. So then my mom carried on a conversation with the woman about my baby dancing.

I told my mom yesterday I don't want her telling anyone, it is too much pressure. Hopefully she hasn't already sent a group forward to everyone in her address book.

2 comments:

  1. OK I know we love our moms and all, but really?? Does your hubby find her overbearing to the point of him being annoyed? I would have a fit if my hubbys mother asked Q's like this if it was all reversed? Id say she needs to be given some boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, because my mom doesn't ask him anything that would make him uncomfortable and his parents are all up in our business too.

    My husband is kind of used to the idea that we talk all the time, he just doesn't get it, but doesn't ask what we talk about. As for my mom, we are close and I think she just wants it to work out for me so badly.

    ReplyDelete