Friday, July 10, 2009

Game On

Hot off the presses, I finally have a surgery date. It will be a week from Monday! I am fully aware it is weird that I am excited for surgery. Truth be told I am pretty nervous but happy to get on with my life. I am having an abdominal myomectomy, it is like a c-section, to get out the fibroid.

I was hoping it would weigh 40 pounds, like those people on Oprah who had now idea why they put on so much weight, but alas, I think it will be about 2 pounds of pure aggravation. I will be in the hospital for 2-3 nights depending on how I am doing. Then recovery is 6 weeks.

I found out that the fertility doc that my OB has been consulting with will be in the operating room, which makes me feel more assured my fertility will be intact when it is over with, but it also makes me feel a little nervous that it is more complicated than my doctor feels comfortable doing herself. I am glad though that she asked him to be in the room in case something comes up and he can give his advice on the spot.

My mom will be coming in and staying with us for about 2 weeks to help me get back on my feet.

And even better news, I should be all healed in time for our trip to Italy (the trip we planned to make me feel better about not being able to try for 6 months).

So this is definitely one of those good news/bad news situations, but I am focusing on the good news.

3 comments:

  1. So did you have your surgery? Did you do the da vinci robotic myomectomy? I had da vinci myomectomy last year to remove 19cm of fibroids from the right side of my uterus only. I elected da vinci to preserve my fertility since I was getting married and we want to have a baby. How did it all go? I was back to work within 2 weeks!! Hope you are doing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry SW, just noticed the comment. I had the old AB Myo, but it wasn't bad at all. I am almost 3 weeks out and feeling strong. 19cm is huge, you poor thing. Have you started TTC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don’t think of anything else just contact priest eka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to concieve due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Eka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Eka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::
    1. Fibroid, Asthma, All STD, sinus infection
    2.High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)
    3. Infection, regular body pains (yeast infection),urine tract infection.
    4. Blockage from the fallopian Tube
    5. Cyst from the ovaries
    6. Unpleasant smell from the virginal, virginal itching
    7. Irregular menstruation
    8. Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)
    9. Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
    10. Infertility for easy Conception.......
    11. Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
    Simply contact the spiritualist DrEka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..

    ReplyDelete