Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Kid- The Valedictorian

Valedictorian? True enough, I am not even pregnant, but the latest round of this fertility hell has led me to one conclusion- my child will be the smartest, sweetest, and most accomplished child that every was - to make up for all I have been through.

Up until today, I merely had images of shaking my jarred fibroid at a saucy-mouthed teenager (note that I did not leave the hospital with my fibroid jar intact). But on this great day, everything changed. Last night, I noticed some fresh bleeding from my fibroid incision site. I called the pager service and the on call doctor told me to come in first thing in the morning.

Turns out that the steri-strip aggravated my skin, so in addition to the large incision, I have two open wounds in the same region. Is that Nobel prize-winning child worth? I dare say no. But what happens next is valedictorian, non-sassing, Nobel prize-winning, doctor/lawyer, next-door-neighbor-for-life worthy. I came down with an internal AND external lady parts infection. At present time, I am instructed to use 3 topical ointments to deal with the whole region.

So for those bad at math, here is how I broke down the equation. 2 miscarriages+ 1 MRI+2 HSGs (doc said I needed another one so I am lumping that one in for good measure)+ 1 surgery+1 fever leading to an extra day of hospitalization + 2 steri-strip wounds + 2 lady part infections = the promise of one near perfect (but not in an annoying way)child.

I also want to add that I feel deserving of getting pregnant (and sticking, leading to a healthy baby) my first month trying, no throwing up, and a 3-push delivery.

I am having one of those entitlement days.

1 comment: