Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Sleeping Cult

Last night, I went to my husband's work holiday party. He had just told some people that we were expecting that day and then others at the party. After the obligatory congratulations and when are you due inquiries, two people about two hours apart said, "you have to read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child".



It is all about sleep training. Essentially after about 8 weeks the baby should never be up for more then 2 hours at a time and it also helps to get them to only wake up once during the night. One mom said she was militant and it is really hard because you can't leave your house much while doing it because you live and die by the schedule. For both they said it took about 6 weeks.


I am starting to believe this book is a cult classic because the day I told my sister-in-law and brother-in-law I was pregnant both said we needed to read this book and luckily they had 2 copies so gave me one. The irony is, their eldest slept through the night at 3 months but the little one, who is honestly the sweetest best baby ever, still doesn't and is 8 months old.


I am going to start reading it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment