Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Line Judges

I used to silently mock people who uploaded pictures of a completely unnoticeable line on an HPT and ask others if they saw a line. But then came a woman on babycenter.com who has some innate ability and cool photography computer program who actual found lines where the human eye could not.

Since I was gearing up to go to Italy I had a lot to consider in terms of testing early.

I was leaving at 10dpo, still very early for an HPT.

I was planning to definitely test at 13dpo, because that day we were going wine tasting in Chianti, so I needed to know if I would partake. I also would test on 14dpo because I had to know if I should stop taking progesterone

If I did get a BFP early, I could leave behind my monitor, thermometer, and AF products

Then there were the symptoms or complete lack there of.

On 7dpo, I got this bizarre heavy feeling in my uterus, like a weight was attached to it and I felt very bloated. I knew it was my uterus because it felt similar to how I felt after fibroid surgery when I would go on a long walk. Not pain, just discomfort.

I remember seeing a post on babycenter.com called "heavy feeling in uterus", which is how I would describe what I was feeling. So I checked it out and the vast majority of posters ended up pregnant.

Other than that 8hr stance of weird uterus feelings, I have had zero symptoms.

I had been very tired and having extremely vivid dreams, but I knew this is from the progesterone.

So I thought back to the 2 times I was pregnant and I didn't have any symptoms until my 5th week.


On 8po, my temperature dips .3 degrees, the bare minimum to be consider an implantation dip.


On 9dpo, my temperature returned to my 7dpo level, proving I did have a dip of some kind.


The Results:

I took a dollar tree test (the Pee-in-a-cup kind) and was about to pass it off as negative, when I kinda sorta saw something, a second line. It really was as faint as a line should be. But it was there.

So then I went to get my luggage, where I had packed my First Response Early Result Pregnancy tests.

Luckily, I had used a cup. At the end of the test window I looked. At first glance, you wouldn't see anything, but when you held it just so, a second line appeared.

Part of me thought I made it up, but part of me knew I never made it up before and I have had many many many months of BFNs


What to do:

Given I won't be on American soil for 48 hours, I can't get two beta tests to see if my numbers are going up, but I did want to confirm it so I knew I wasn't crazy.

I called my RE's office on the nurses line.

I got called back an hour and a half later.

I have to say, the nurse was mean. She told me I should postpone my trip because they highly recommend not traveling until the baby is confirmed to be growing in the uterus and doing well. It could be etopic. I really hadn't been worried about it. She said four times there was no point of me going in to confirm pregnancy since I won't be heeding their warning by staying in town, which would allow them to see if my numbers double.

I finally convinced her to let me come in today for a blood test. On the phone I made it clear I was 9dpo so I tested very early.

Later that day, she called back and said, "You are pregnant but your number is very low, 22, so expect to miscarry." I said,"But I am only 9dpo, so that is a good number right?" And she said, "it is very low".

Sorry, but what a bitch. You work for a fertility doctor, anyone who is seeing you has been through hell already in this department, so don't be a world class bitch. I remember I had written a post about early pregnancy betas on my blog so I pulled it up from my phone and my numbers were totally normal. Also, most tests don't test below the number 25 which are designed to be read at 14dpo if not a day or two before, so clearly 22 wasn't a bad number.

I put a call into my doctor and she said since I conceived naturally have no worries about going to Italy and enjoy myself.

Back to the lines, it was really so light that I came out of the bathroom and said, "I might be pregnant". I really thought it could have been bad lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment