Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Public Service Announcement

I know this has nothing to do with fertility or getting pregnant, but it is so bizarre I had to share.

Last night I was watching something on CBS and I saw a PSA that was a huge departure from the don't drink and drive and don't do drugs of our generation. I don't want to butcher the words, but it was essentially, "Do you want to do something special for your woman this Christmas? Schedule her for a pap smear. Give her a gift even Santa can't give her."

I thought it was so out of left field, I called my husband over and replayed it. He had a horrified look on his face. It looked like a commercial you would see on Saturday Night Live spoofing public service announcements.

I went to Youtube to find it. I didn't find the one I saw but did find the Hanukkah version. So check it out and maybe send it to you man. In case he was thinking of getting you diamond stud earrings this month, he can now get you an even better gift, a pap smear appointment.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=CBS+PSA+pap+smear&search_type=&aq=f

2 comments:

  1. Oh I saw this last night too!! Its definitely out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! My husband told me about that commercial this morning.

    ReplyDelete