Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back from Italy!

Italy was fantastic! I loved every single second of it and it was such a nice break from my constant TTC, over-active mind.

I completely abandoned my Atkins eating. What's a day without pizza and gelato? We walked so much I was able to justify it. In typical male fashion, my charming hubby lost 8 pounds. Who the heck goes to Italy, eats exclusively pizza and pasta and drinks way more than normal and loses 8 pounds? I didn't gain and thought I pulled off a major coup.

Venice was the most beautiful place I had ever seen in my whole life. We did a gondola ride which was the highlight of the trip for me.

What I always forget about when traveling abroad is the cigarette smoke. I have a theory that when a kid turns seven, they shove a cigarette in his mouth and give him a Vespa. I really want to do research on lung cancer rates in Italy, because if the research is true that cigarettes=lung cancer, and I have been raised to believe it is, their occurrence rates must be sky-high.

Even though a Furla store was directly across from my Florence hotel, taunting me with amazing handbags, I really didn't get anything but a belt at the leather mart. Greg bought a bunch of wine.

So what did I miss? Any BFPs?

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good time. Venice is beautiful. I so want to go back there, since I haven't seen it as an adult. I think I was 10 when I went there last with my parents ...

    The smoke gets me every time I go to Europe. Italy may be even worse than Germany but even there, it seems, as if all teenagers were smoking. It's so sad.

    Can't seem to manage to see your pictures. Even after downloading the quick viewer from apple. Now it's only a white screen - aargh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying. It is weird, I sent an email out to friends and family and a handful couldn't open them. Not sure why. You have to go back to Venice with your hubby and force him to pay a ridiculous sum of money for a gondola ride! Any updates with your TTC quest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping to move back to Europe at some point and then do some traveling but that's far int he future ...

    No update on the TTC front. Second month since M/C and now waiting patiently to ovulate.

    I guess, you didn't get your BFP either. What's the next step for you?

    ReplyDelete