Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's All Good

We got the results back from the tethered chord test and it doesn't look like Evan has a problem.  It is such a huge relief.  I basically stalked the pediatrician for the results.  She said we would just monitor for other symptoms but at this point, she isn't concerned.

I was good about keeping myself off the internet during the scare, because let's be honest, I pretty much feel webmd is the closest I will get to having a doctor in the family.  Now that this crisis is over, I have given myself permission to Google his latest ailment, which is his belly button is bleeding, even though he lost his umbilical chord almost  a week ago.  Here is where the Internet is good.  Apparently this is very normal.

In other news, we went to dinner tonight with another couple and Evan and it was a roaring success.  I am shocked as I have found parenthood to be all about timing.  You have to make sure he is fed, freshly diapered, and calm before going.  A tightrope act that begins an hour before your departure.  And then there is the added element of luck that the feeding will be sleep inducing and not one of his wide awake sessions.

Baby is crying...

No comments:

Post a Comment