Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Ad Wizards missed the Target

Yesterday, while at the doctor's office, I was sitting in the waiting room when my eyes fell upon a magazine that caught my fancy.  It is called Conceive.  The magazine is completely geared at getting you pregnant.

I kind of laughed to myself, because how in the world have I not heard of this publication.  I have spent a lot of time researching fertility issues and visiting sites about how to get pregnant and those that offer tools to help track fertility.  I have had visits with fertility doctors and conversations with my OB and internist about getting pregnant. 

I am the ideal target for Conceive magazine and I didn't even know it existed.   The magazine comes out quarterly and offers tips for trying to get pregnant and strategies for couples to cope when it doesn't happen the way you planned.

I perused the issue in the waiting room.  They had diet recommendations, yoga poses, and an article on something called the Fertility Ball, which was invented by Brenda Strong, the narrator on Desperate Housewives.  Apparently she has a line of yoga fertility DVDs.  The reviews on Amazon are favorable.  I did a search for the Fertility Ball (looks like a small medicine ball) and one site said it isn't available to June.  Here is a link to on of the videos if you want to learn more about her approach.




Personally, I think Conceive Magazine might be a good investment. It isn't expensive and had a lot of information.  I also like how they include articles on coping as a couple with infertility.  It can really take a toll on a marriage because it is such a stressor.  Even for couples to know it is normal can be a big help.

No comments:

Post a Comment